The North Sea Marine Cluster will aim to meet its objectives by:
- Quarterly networking meetings, with expert speakers on themes of relevance to members of the Cluster and aligned with target sectors.
- Having a web-site to promote the activities of the Cluster and its members and for raising the Regional profile.
- Actively pursuing opportunities to further the interests of the members of the Cluster and identifying potential risks to current and proposed activities.
- Seeking to influence the relevant authorities on matters affecting the Cluster and framing responses to consultations by those authorities.
- A secretariat to co-ordinate the activities of the Cluster and provide advice to members.
The North Sea Marine Cluster can:
- Advise on marine matters both current and future
- Develop regional consortia
- Perform desk or field research
- Perform specific marine investigations, analysis and reports (in areas such as: currents/ tides/ hydrography/ geophysics/ biological/ oceanographic/ coastal and intertidal interaction/ marine flora and fauna/ harbours and river mouths/ fishing/ recreation/ archaeology etc.)
- Collate and integrate existing data sets
- Assist in planning matters
- Provide expertise and resources to complement project teams